The first day we flew in we were a little disappointed by the city of Honolulu. We thought it was a little dirty and not much different than L.A. or any other big city. So the first thing we did was drive up north and that's where we found paradise!! We stopped at the Dole plantation first then found a great little beach to watch the sunset. We saw a whole bunch of huge turtles and of course NO pictures 'cause we were busy getting to know HAWAII!!
After Jamie told us we HAD to go to Hanauma Bay that was a first major stop. Jared snorkeled ALL day and I did a little snorkeling and a LOT of napping on the beautiful beach!
The first time I got Lei'd on the beach at Waikiki :)
Sunday we went to church in Honolulu. This tree was just outside and Jared thought it was sooo amazing. He couldn't get enough of it. This is one of the reasons that makes traveling with Jared so fun. He always gets sooo excited about the smallest things. I really love it!!
After church I was feeling pretty yucky so we crashed at the hotel for a while and took a looong nap. After we woke up we took it easy and went to the Japanese gardens. The ride there was awesome. The mountains and cliffs are nothing like anything we've seen before!!
This is the gong thing that has some significance but I don't remember it. It was fun to hit the gong though.
There were some pretty cool birds and other animals roaming around the gardens.
A quick stop at the Honolulu temple. It was under serious construction.
We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center our last day in Oahu. It was probably the highlight of our stop there (although Hanauma Bay was pretty great!). Jared showing off his stick spear skills.
Jared won a hat for hitting a stick on target. It's actually a really cool handmade hat. All the locals thought he was pretty cool for having it.
These Tahitian girls are amazing. I've never seen anything like them!
Having some fun at the PCC
Our dinner being carried in.
Our first Luau. This time both of us got Lei'd :)
Jared's a little trickster.
The morning before our flight to Kauai I felt bad because we didn't get to do as much as we anticipated 'cause I wasn't feeling too well so we got up early and booked it up Diamond Head. I'm not kidding when I say we booked it, we were hauling up that steep old mountain so we could make our flight on time.
It was a nice view. And I always love a hike even if I feel like yuck and we have to haul our tushies. It always feels good to climb up a mountain and look down!
The view.
Kauai!!!! Ohhhhh how much we LOVE Kauai!! I'm sooo happy people told us to make a stop there. It was sooo beautiful and laid back. We will definitely be going back there!
We went hiking to some smallish waterfalls. The hike was a little creepy because NOBODY was around and I felt like I was in the middle of Lost. BUT it was gorgeous and we found a sweet car. I didn't want to look too closely just in case the driver never made it out.
We did a little kayaking excursion where we kayaked up a river to some gardens then over to a hike that took us to an amazing waterfall that we got to swim in. This was my FAVORITE part of Kauai! It was a great little hike and swimming under a waterfall is really fun.
This was supposedly the best beach for snorkeling but we found another great little beach farther up north. It was fun to see all the seals and turtles just sunbathing on the beach.
Just a nice pic of all the greenery.
This was the beach with the BEST snorkeling (according to Jared). He stayed out there forever and had a great time. I just sat on the beach and took in how beautiful it was!
We also got to watch the sunset on this beach. I don't think that's me and Jared but it looks romantic doesn't it?
Our last day in Hawaii :(
I think Jared took it even harder than I did that we had to leave :(
We were definitely sad to leave!! It was a great trip (next time we'll have to do it when I am feeling less pregnant!!!!) and we WILL be going back someday....







15 comments:
Dang I can't look at picture at Hawaii. I think I will run away there and never come back. We are definitely doing Kauai (sp?) next time.
Oh I am so jealous! I think I will photoshop out your faces and put mine and Mike's in. But that sounds like work and Hawaii sounds SO NICE! We'll have to get your advice when we someday go there. (And congrats on #3!)
I was pregnant for TWO cruises we went on so I hear yah! Looks like a lot of fun though.
Both times I went to Hawaii I was pregnant. Someday I will go and not be pregnant too! It looks like you had so much fun! I'm so glad you visited Kauai. Although the Polynesian cultural center and those Japanese gardens look awesome.
AHHHH Havaii.... What an awesome trip! Can we go with next time? I love what you said about Jared being so excited about everything. That is exactly what I love about Joey too (and incidentally what they love about each other).
Happy baby! Our babies might be born on the same day right? making them twins. and wouldn't that make us related?
I hate reading my old comments when they make absolutely no sense at all! I think I was trying to say "pictures of Hawaii" but who knows?
Your trip looks so fun and brings back good memories of our vacation there last year. We didn't get to go to Kauai though so I am jealous of that. It looks beautiful! Congrats on baby #3 on the way! I'm so excited for you and hope you will be feeling better soon.
Ahh!!! Pure bliss....
I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had a great time and it is so beautiful! Also CONGRATS on the news of a new baby! I just found out from Kim's comment. (I feel so out of the loop.) I hope everything goes well and come visit in OR anytime!
Oh how great Hawaii looks. I was just picturing myself on the beach. It's great you guys had the chance to go together with no children. Yeah! A new little Weaver addition. We are so excited for you. You'll have to give more details on when it's coming and when you'll find out what you having. Congrats!
Okay so as I was reading your comments on your pictures and how you were feeling sick, I said to Logan as he lay in bed "I think Sara might be pregnant...she said a few times how she wasn't feeling well." Then I kept reading and there we have it...Congratulations! How far along are you? Your next blog needs to give more details. Very exciting news...I hope you get feeling better soon!
When it comes to the Weavers...you always know how to have fun! I live vicariously through you. What a fun trip and with such perfect timing! Congrats on the little one. We can't wait to hear the details...and keep our fingers crossed that you're feeling well. Congratulations!
Next time maybe we'll join you. Wouldn't that be so much fun?! We could go for run in the morning while our hubbies snooze. But maybe neither one of us should be pregnant. By the way, CONGRATS on expecting. Maybe you're sick because it's too much estrogen...
I went private on my blog but want to invite you. My email is derwin_lewis1950@hotmail.com
I will send you an invite.
Congratulations, friend! This time, name her Lindsey. You need one of those.
And we feel the same way about the big island. We spent our honeymoon on Kauai...that's really what you imagine when you think of Hawaii.
Post a Comment