Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jackson Hole 2009

This year I went back and forth between going and not going to Jackson Hole since I've been feeling pretty yucky w/ this pregnancy. Driving and camping didn't seem like something that would go well with the nausea, but after my dad came early Friday morning to get Jackson and we were all awake, I started feeling a little left out and I hated that Jamie and Brian were still withing visiting distance. So Jared was really nice and started packing things up and after we bought a tent and some sleeping bags we headed up to Wyoming and I'm REALLY glad we did!!

We tricked Jamie and Brian into switching us Emi for Jackson and that was the BEST trick we ever played on them. HA HA HA. Actually sorry Jackson was sooo obnoxious! But Emi and Tanner were two peas in a pod the whole time they were together!


We all carpooled into Yellowstone and it was really nice because we got to have Grandpa in our car. It was fun to be able to talk to him and hear his stories and memories. I'm sure it was hard on him to go back to Jackson for the first time without Grandma but we sure loved having him there.




You can see how inseparable these two were (Emi and Tanner)


Nothing like driving 5 hours to get a nice whiff of the hot pots!

4 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

My neighbor went to Jackson when she was pregnant and those hotpots made her so sick that she refuses to go back... That was 50 years ago. I told her she is missing out.

Jamie said...

I'm glad you decided to go. Then not go. Then go. Then not go. But finally go :) Emi told me today that Tanner is her friend and Caleb said no he's your cousin and then everyone was confused after that. We will for sure have to come back for Thanksgiving so they don't forget each other.

5Kgoatgirl said...

I am glad Grandpa went too - even if I didn't get to be there. I am SO jealous...more jealous than your Hawaii trip!

Unknown said...

Jackson was a little obnoxious, but that just helped him fit in with the rest of us in the car.